Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 18th, 2015 10:00

Touchpad driver

Hi, I need a driver for my touchpad, it's disappeared or been accidentally removed in a clear-out.  Can anyone please tell me where to find the correct one?

Thank you very much

1.2K Posts

March 19th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us !For us to assist you kindly send the operating system information and service tag of the system so that I can provide the appropriate link for the driver for your system .

Awaiting reply from you .

Kindest Regards,

4 Posts

March 19th, 2015 10:00

I'm using Windows 7 but I have no idea what a service tag is.  Please explain where to find it. This is a second-hand laptop so there are lots of things I don't know about it.

1.2K Posts

March 20th, 2015 07:00

Hi ,

Service tag is a unique number which is 7 characters long with customer specific information .With the help of which we can check the warranty details ,system specifications .

To check the service tag of the system you can go to system BIOS by pressing the F2 key just after restarting the system ,then  you will be able to view general tab, under system specifications you can check the service tag of the system .

Also do confirm the model of the system ,operating system installed on it so that we can help you better .

Kindest Regards,

March 21st, 2015 04:00

hold windows key + R key at same time,run box will open,type cmd and press enter

in the black window that opens,type "wmic bios get serialnumber"

you will get alphanumeric characters or few numbers

copy the detail and head over to http://www.dell.com/support

in the service tag section,type the copied data and press on submit and then your system details will open up,check the Operating system you installed and download the touchpad driver accordingly.:emotion-1:

No Events found!