Highlighted
jan.s13
1 Copper

Touchscreen for Dell Vostro 5470 not working

Hello, 

i have a Dell Vostro 5470. My touch screen has not been working for more than a month. It suddenly stopped working. I have tried search for fixes, but nothing has showed up. I have the update from 06/2006 for the HID-compliant touch screen and for HID-compliant vendor-defined device. 

I would appreciate it if you could help me.

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TP1
1 Copper

RE: Touchscreen for Dell Vostro 5470 not working

Hi,

i have the same problem. Dell Vostro 5470 with touch screen. I thing its happened after upgrade from WIN 8 to WIN 8.1, than menu tabs in touch screen settings completelly change, some of them disappeared. Now the whole touch screen doesnt work, nothing happened. I tried to find for new driver touch display, but everything is up to date. I tried to reinstall driver, but nothing change. I hope Dell will give us update driver for this issue, like something similar happened in history with XPS touch screen drivers...

Anybody have solution and can help us?

0 Kudos
Mshuaily
1 Copper

Hi, I am Mohammed from Oman.

I have the same  problem, Dell Vostro 5470 with touch screen. The laptop is very good, I like it, but the screen suddenly stopped responding. Sometimes I used to restart the laptop several times and it works, but when I restart it again it stops.

As mentioned above, It might be a software issue from the windows update. I hope Dell resolves the issue.

0 Kudos
naruenan
1 Copper

I want to know then