Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

July 30th, 2007 00:00

Travel Remote Not Working

I've just purchased a 1520 (Vista Home Premium) with a travel remote and can't seem to get it to work. The battery is in correctly, the CIR is clear and have tried it in both Dell Media Direct and Media Center with no luck.

Does the CIR need to be turned on or installed? I've looked in the Device Manager and it doesn't list an IR device.

Any suggestions?

November 9th, 2007 16:00

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Doesn't seem to have an IR device listed, anyone got any ideas? I've looked for instructions, but can't seem to find any...anyone know where's any lying around? Thanks.

2 Posts

November 11th, 2007 19:00

After much searching for answers i contacted Dell support. After beating my head against the wall a few time answering the same question over and over they sent me a new remote. The new remote worked great and I had no problems using it. You don't need any drivers installed, the IR will just pick up the remote.

Good luck.

November 11th, 2007 20:00

Strangely, my one appears to have just started working...not sure how...but it has. I must just be that good with computers...:)

1 Message

January 7th, 2008 12:00

Daft as it may seem check to make sure the battery is installed correctly. I had this problem and on investigating the battery it was the correct way up with the + sign viewable when inserted BUT the terminal (The Connection at the top of the battery compartment)was not making contact.

January 7th, 2008 13:00

Yeah I checked it, I think it was the same thing that was wrong with mine. Opened it up, took the battery out, put it back in exactly the same time but suddenly it was working.

November 28th, 2008 21:00

I just bought  a XPS M1530 , and it came with a Travel Remote. I have tried many many times, puttin the batteries with the + sign in an upward position, and still not working,  i evven tried on the other side and still not working.....  The thing is i dont know if my computer came with CIF and i would like to know if it does, and if it does, how to function my remote control??

Anyone help me pls?

November 28th, 2008 21:00

I just bought  a XPS M1530 , and it came with a Travel Remote. I have tried many many times, puttin the batteries with the + sign in an upward position, and still not working,  i evven tried on the other side and still not working.....  The thing is i dont know if my computer came with CIF and i would like to know if it does, and if it does, how to function my remote control??

Anyone help me pls?x

April 13th, 2009 08:00

i have the same problem with my inspiron 1520.. i checked the battery positions, i checked the IR ray in front of my webcam.. all perfect, except its working..!! why does this happen...??!!

Also i checked in START  ->  ALL PROGRAMS  ->  ACCESSORIES  ->  SYSTEM TOOLS  ->  SYSTEM INFORMATION  ->  COMPONENTS  ->  INFRARED.

This infrared solumn is empty.. does it hae anything to do with the working of my IR remote control...

June 18th, 2010 02:00

i have the same problem with my inspiron 1520.. i checked the battery positions, i checked the IR ray in front of my webcam.. all perfect, except its working..!! why does this happen...??!!

Also i checked in START  ->  ALL PROGRAMS  ->  ACCESSORIES  ->  SYSTEM TOOLS  ->  SYSTEM INFORMATION  ->  COMPONENTS  ->  INFRARED.

This infrared solumn is empty.. does it hae anything to do with the working of my IR remote control...

dell people dont seem to reply this post..!!

need desparate attention..!!

No Events found!