Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

July 22nd, 2008 03:00

Trouble in starting XPS M1530.

Hi everyone,

My XPS M1530 has just died. I don't know what kind of problem it is. When I push the power button, it sounds like every time , the LED lights are still ok...but THAT'S IT! It's getting stuck and the monitor doesn't show any sign, but I can hear the sound of the fan inside laptop. I left it 5 mins - 10 mins and nothing happened.

How can I make it works like before? Somebody shows me some tips?

Thank you! 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 22nd, 2008 10:00

You can try reseating the memory modules, but if that does nothing, call Dell for warranty repair.

58 Posts

July 22nd, 2008 22:00

I saw a thread in this forum that mentions the ability to switch between the laptop monitor and an external monitor.  The keys Fn and F8 (CRT/LCD) will turn off one or the other.  Worth a try.

RickM46 

7 Posts

February 4th, 2011 23:00

I have an XPS M1730 got the same issue, but mine would boot the when I pressed the media direct button.  And no matter what I do I see the media direct screen.   I have replaced the power pack, battery and put in two hard drives got about $300 bucks into it.  Same thing dell wanted me to pay for their trouble shooting and then tried to sell me a waranty for $327.00 At this point I am thinking I should have went for teh warranty.  When I use the FN+power button I get three leds the 9 and A flash while the down erro lock remains lit solid.  WHo knows what that means.    I am going to try reseating the memory, but I think I am going to get hosed by dell once more.   

7 Posts

February 6th, 2011 21:00

See these threads XPS 1530 black screen, num lock blinking  and XPS M1730 will not boot

No Events found!