Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 31st, 2012 18:00

Turbo boost isn't working.

Hi everybody.

I have a XPS15 L502x and my processor is Intel I7 2630QM @2.00GHz . I'm pretty sure it has a turbo boost function but I was never really interested in it, mainly because it is supposed to work by itself. 

Today however I was running some CPU tests and noticed that the speed of my processor is exactly 2GHz (1995 to be more precise) and even when it was loaded on 100% for about a 30 min it didn't go higher due to the turbo boost.

I google the problem and I had red ton of articles and forums but all in vain. I tried checking in the BIOS for the option "speedstep" and it was enable. I disable it, tried again to see if there is some change - not at all. Same story.

So I decided to ask here first, before mailing or calling the Dell support . Maybe some of you have had a similar problem or know a solution.

Thank you.

Nikk.

953 Posts

June 1st, 2012 15:00

Hi nikkolai1011,

Welcome to the Community.

I would like to bring to your notice a few points about your Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor (6M Cache, 2.00 GHz) processor:

1. Firstly, utilization of the full processor capability depends on the kind of applications you are using.

2. Secondly, you can try running some benchmark tests using our recommended Turbo Boost Technology Monitor Software which you can download from our support site using the this link - http://dell.to/Kyf9Ss

3. Thirdly, Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM Processor (6M Cache, 2.00 GHz) is an excellent processor which is based on 32 nm process. Capable of running very intense graphics application while still using lesser processor capability. Because most of the intense graphics applications make more use of the system memory than the processor.

4. Finally, if you still want to run some benchmark tests you can run tests like unigine or any other tests.

Thank You

June 2nd, 2012 07:00

Thank you, I'd managed to fix my problem.

No Events found!