Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 5th, 2016 08:00

Two external displays in Vostro 5470

Hello everyone,

I have a Vostro 5470. Actually, I connect an external display in HDMI port.

Can I connect another external display in my laptop USB3.0 port using Dell Adapter - USB 3.0 to HDMI/VGA/Ethernet/USB 2.0? 

My laptop has support? That is for work, I really not need high resolution.

Any comments are appreciated!

Kind regards,

June 15th, 2016 08:00

Hi guys,

the adapter works!!

Thanks.

2K Posts

June 5th, 2016 11:00

Hi MATHEUS SERPA,

What is the current OS installed on the system?

I have checked and could not find a Dell Adapter compatible with your specific system model. However, these two are known to work with other Vostro models and it might or might not work on your machine. You probably need to try it out and let us know - http://dell.to/1Y9DDqo

Or if you are looking only to duplicate the display, you could get a HDMI splitter - usually priced under $10.

Also, write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

June 5th, 2016 14:00

Hi Rishi,

I using Ubuntu 16.04.

Thanks for reply, I'll try this Dell adapter.

So when I have something news I'll reply here.

2K Posts

June 5th, 2016 19:00

Hi MATHEUS SERPA,

Thank you for the update.

Do keep us posted anytime, as it would be immensely helpful to someone who might face the same issue and your response might be the solution. Your post will be commended.

2K Posts

June 16th, 2016 15:00

Hi MATHEUS SERPA,

Thank you for the update. This would prove a lot useful to any one who has the same query. 

Your work is commended and I shall keep your post in my bookmarks to help others out who might reach us on different social platforms.

No Events found!