diver999
2 Bronze

Typing Problem with Dell Inspiron 15R

Hi

From time to time the cursor jumps to another line whilst I am typing. This can happen on any software, ie MS word, Hotmail. It can even happen when I am entering a user name and password into any system, for example  this forum.

It is very frustrating and some tiesm a simple email can take a long time to type

HELP!!!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DELL-Chinmay S
4 Germanium

Re: Typing Problem with Dell Inspiron 15R

Hi diver999,

You may uninstall and re-install the touchpad driver from device manager by following steps below:  

• Click on “Start” and right click on “Computer”.
  • Click on “Manage”.
  • Click on “Device Manager”.
  • Under “Mice and other pointing devices”, you will find the touchpad driver listed.
  • Right click on it and click on “uninstall”. (Check and make a note of the driver installed on your system and re-install the driver from the below steps accordingly).
  • Check the box to delete the software.
  • Restart your system and click on the link: http://dell.to/QjjZDA
  • Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system.
  • You will find the touchpad  driver under “Input”.
  • Click on “Download File”.
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
  • Click on “Download Now”.
  • Save the driver on your desktop.
  • Once the driver is saved on desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
  • Install the touchpad driver by following the on screen instructions.
  • Restart your computer. 

For more information on touchpad gestures, you may refer to the manual of computer from link:http://dell.to/PVgRkP

Enter the service tag to access manual.

Please reply for further clarifications. 

Thanks and regards,
DELL-Chinmay S
#IWork4Dell 

0 Kudos
diver999
2 Bronze

Many thanks and will  that later.

0 Kudos
diver999
2 Bronze

Just one more question. how does uninstalling and reinstalling  "mice" have an effect on the keyboard?

0 Kudos
DELL-Chinmay S
4 Germanium

Hi diver999,

It appears to be an issue with touchpad sensitivity. While typing, the palm might touch the touchpad that might be causing the cursor jumping issue. 

Please reply for further clarifications.

Thanks and regards,
DELL-Chinmay S
#IWork4Dell 

0 Kudos
suzydemartino
2 Bronze

RE: Typing Problem with Dell Inspiron 15R

I have the exact same problem as the last person - I can't type anything without the curser jumping around while I type - I have to type everything over and over again. I printed out the instructions above but I don't have a "start" button to click on - where do I find start?? I had one on my old dell but not this dell. Its so annoying - I just bought this computer and they told me to go onto support dell.com and search for the dell touch pad driver to download but had no luck finding it either - its so frustrating -

0 Kudos