Highlighted
robw75
1 Copper

U2412M, XPS 17, Powersave mode issues

My U2412M monitor, which I have connected to my dell XPS 17 via a DP to mDP cable has stopped showing the display from the XPS 17 and only goes into power save mode. I have also tried to connect using HDMI to DP and DVI to HDMI. When the DVI to HDMI is connected, the laptop recognizes the monitor but does not show a display. My partner has connected her  own laptop and it works fine with VGA. I purchased my monitor via Amazon.co.uk and just wondering what I might be able to do as have only had it for about 8 months.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: U2412M, XPS 17, Powersave mode issues

Laptop HDMI to monitor DP will never work. HDMI cannot upconvert to DP on the monitor.

When connected to the laptop mDP via the mDP to DP cable to the U2412M DP, go into the laptop display settings. Do you see the laptop display and a second display?

* The laptop resolution to the second display should be 1920x1200 60Hz
* Press the monitor Menu button to open the monitor OSD
* Go to Other Settings- Factory Reset- Reset All Settings
* Go to Input Source, choose Display Port
* Exit the OSD

Because you purchased from a reseller,
* Go back to the top of this Monitor Forum
* Open "FAQ Monitor"
* Open "No Dell Service Tag number on 24" and smaller? No registration? Exchange Instructions?"
* Read "24" and smaller Dell monitors purchased from resellers (CostCo, Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, Buy.com, online store, etc.)"

0 Kudos
robw75
1 Copper

Hi, thanks for your help. I've now recieved my replacement monitor. Unfortunately, the same issue is occuring. I've checked everything again and have now found that I am unable to update the driver for my Graphics Card, which is a NVIDIA GT555M 1GB and wondering if this may have some bearing on the issue. When connected with DVI to HDMI, the laptop shows the second display but there's nothing on the monitor screen. I have also tried to access the NVIDIA Control Application but this now seems unable to load.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos