Highlighted
1ys23
1 Nickel

URDENT! Dell 1545 is not turning on! Then a minute later 3 beeps sound and keep going.

I have a dell 1545 that won't start up with the battery in or out or the ac plugged in or out. 

Problem I tried start it up I hear the fan running then the fan stops and the screen is off. 1 minute later I heard 3 beeps coming from the laptop. I looked around on other forums for help but they didn't e.g. Hold the power button to take the static out. I read somewhere that this means my dell is stuck in hibernate and will not start.

PLEASE HELP!

System specs of troublesome Dell 1545

Windows 7 Home Premium.

Intel core duo

3 gs or ram 

120gb Samsung SSD

0 Kudos
2 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: URDENT! Dell 1545 is not turning on! Then a minute later 3 beeps sound and keep going.

Three beeps means a system board failure.

0 Kudos
ToddMc101
1 Copper

RE: URDENT! Dell 1545 is not turning on! Then a minute later 3 beeps sound and keep going.

I had the three-beep problem with a similar Dell laptop model and called Dell Customer Service. They paid for the computer to be shipped to them and back to me, repaired the computer for free, and did it all in a little over a week. Seems it is a known problem that they took very good care of, try it, you have nothing to lose
0 Kudos