2 Bronze

USB 3.0 port not working?

Hi, my laptop model is Dell Inspiron 15R SE 7520 and I'm using the latest Windows 10 Pro. Yesterday, I tried to use my pen drive supported USB 3.0 to my laptop. When I plugged in to my laptop, I can't acess to my pen drive but I can see the pen drive notification inside my icon. Then I clicked the icon, I can't safety remove the pen drive. Therefore, I forced to remove the pen drive. If I'm not wrong, all my USB port are 3.0 and one of the USB port come with PowerShare. Why my laptop come with USB 3.0 unsupported pen drive come with USB 3.0?

2 Replies
Highlighted
5 Iridium

RE: USB 3.0 port not working?

emoticon.BigSmile.title

The pen drive still could be corrupt, therefore I do suggest trying another pen drive. I also like to suggest you try the troubleshooting steps in the link below:

www.dell.com/.../en

Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: USB 3.0 port not working?

Hi   ,

Thanks for answering my question. My pen drive supported OTG, working normally in my phone but once I plugged in to the laptop, I can't access the storage. Inside the devices and printer, my pen drive is connected to the USB 3.0. In addition, I used the Support Assist  got the same result, my pen drive did connected to my laptop. But why I can't access the storage?