inspiron7368
1 Nickel

RE: USB-C on Inspiron 13 7368 INCOMPATIBLE with USB-C on XPS

Jump to solution

By the way it is already one month since I started the procedure for returning the incompatible parts. Lots of emails, phone calls with DELL's customer service and I'm still nowhere in this jungle of "services". What's more is that I was advised by DELL that I'll get the money back ONE MONTH after returning the parts, which I hope to happen this year! By comparison I bought a HD monitor online, which I had to return. On the next day a rep came home to check the parts and I received the money back in just 2 days, so it took them only 3 days to finalize a return that will take DELL more than 2 months. Hopefully....

0 Kudos
hitfactor
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Both of the following adapters work well with my Inspiron 7368, I bought them on Amazon. The DA200 was returned to Dell for credit and the process took about 2 weeks.

These are the titles for the products as found on Amazon.

Anker Premium USB-C Hub with HDMI and Power Delivery, 2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Ports, 1 HDMI Port, and 1 USB-C Input Charging Port with PD Specification, for the new MacBook 2016 and ChromeBook Pixel

Cable Matters USB-C to HDMI / VGA / Ethernet / USB Multiport 4K UHD Adapter (Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible)

0 Kudos
TamuFlyer
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Use this one from Kensington:  Kensington SD1500 USB-C Mobile Docking Station with HDMI/VGA, USB 3.0 & Gigabit Ethernet (K33969WW)

www.amazon.com/.../ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

0 Kudos
Highlighted
inspiron7368
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Thank you, TamuFlyer for the suggestion. Looks great on the picture, but I'm not sure if it is compatible with my Inspiron 7368. The chip inside my laptop behind the USB Type C is neither USB 3.1, not Thunderbolt. It should be USB 3.0. I have bought separate adapters for VGA, Ethernet and USB 3.0 and they work well, although they are said to be designed for Apple (which HAS USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt). Fortunately they work well. No drivers, no hassle. Just plug.

0 Kudos