virgenmila
1 Copper

USB ports are not working after clean installing windows 8

I did a clean installation of windows 8 on my Dell Inspiron n5110 laptop. but now the USB ports are not working. Someone help me to solve this problem. Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DELL-Chinmay S
4 Beryllium

Re: USB ports are not working after clean installing windows 8

Hi,

Do you get any error message on screen?

May I know the device that you are trying to connect with your computer?

You can check the 'Device manager' of your computer if there is any yellow exclamation. Also, you can uninstall and re-install the USB roots hubs of computer and update the chipset drivers.

You can follow the steps below to uninstall and re-install USB root hubs:

1. Expand ‘Universal Serial Bus controllers’
  2. From the list, look for ‘USB Root Hub’
  3. Right click, choose ‘Uninstall’, choose ‘Ok’
  4. Uninstall all ‘USB Root Hub’ listed
  5. Wait for all the drivers to get uninstalled
  6. Restarted the computer
  7. Restarting the computer will install ‘USB Root Hub’s automatically on the computer. 

You can update the Chipset drivers for the computer from the links below:

Steps to download drivers:-

• Click 'Download file' to download the list to a folder you will designate.
  • Click 'Save'. Then designate the folder you would like to save the files to.
  • Once you have designated the folder you would like to save your files to, Click 'OK'.
  • Selected downloads will automatically start downloading. Next is Installation.
  • To start installation, Click Open folder. Right-click a downloaded file and select the option to ‘Run as administrator’.
  • A small window will appear with 'Continue' and 'Exit' buttons, click 'Continue'.
  • In the Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to window, click OK.
  • If a message appears asking to create a folder, click 'Yes'. If a message appears asking to overwrite the folder, click 'Yes to All'.
  • In the All files were successfully unzipped window, click OK.
  • A new window will appear, follow the prompts that appear to finish the installation.
  • Restart your computer.

Please reply with findings. 

Thanks and regards,
DELL-Chinmay S
#IWork4Dell 
To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go here

0 Kudos
Pk.13oyy
1 Copper

Re: USB ports are not working after clean installing windows 8

thanksssssssssssssssss  sirrrrrrrr

0 Kudos