Highlighted
roppenheimer
1 Nickel

Unable to connect XPS13 (9350) to U3014 monitor via USB-C to miniDisplayPort

My previous laptop is an XPS 13 (L322X) which I have been using successfully with both a U3011 and a U3014 monitor via mini DisplayPort.

My new XPS 13 (9530) has a USB-C connector which I understood to be able to drive a DisplayPort monitor via a suitable adapter cable which I have. The laptop can drive the U3011 OK, but when I connect it to the U3014 there is no display, the laptop cannot even detect an external monitor. I have installed the latest driver  updates from the Dell support website to no effect.

I have also checked the monitor settings and DisplayPort 1.2 is disabled by default which I beleive is correct.

Can you offer a solution to this issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LGI-Paradise
1 Copper

RE: Unable to connect XPS13 (9350) to U3014 monitor via USB-C to miniDisplayPort

Did you solve this?

Thinking of getting an XPS 13 and have the U3014 monitor and curious if it's possible to drive it at 2560x1600 via usb-c to displayport cable?

0 Kudos
roppenheimer
1 Nickel

RE: Unable to connect XPS13 (9350) to U3014 monitor via USB-C to miniDisplayPort

No, I never got it to work properly. I swapped my U3014 for an older U3011 which works fine. You also need to be aware that there are scaling issues between the high density XPS screen and the larger screen due to the ultra high resolution of the XPS screen. Means that windows do not flow properly between the two and what may appear nicely on the larger screen will be impossibly small on the XPS screen.

0 Kudos