Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2013 13:00

Unable to get bluetooth work with my Inspiron 3520

Hey Guys,

My Inspiron 3520 came with a stupid Win 8 OS. I got really tired of the interfaces and decided to go with Win 7. So I formatted my Win 8 installation and installed Win 7. All went good until I found out that my bluetooth hardware doesn't work the way it is supposed to.

I tried installing my driver from the Dell Driver Utility disk but the installer keeps asking me to activate bluetooth using the wireless switch (Fn + F2). Doing so only puts the Wi Fi device to sleep and does nothing else.

Has anyone come across this issue ? I checked the BIOS thing and no help there too.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

2.6K Posts

September 11th, 2013 13:00

Hi thegr8wall,

I suggest you to uninstall the Wireless card drivers, restart the computer and reinstall it by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Click Start.
  2. Type “Device Manager” in the search box and select it.
  3. Expand the “Network Adapters”.
  4. Right Click Wireless card listed and select Uninstall and ensure to check the box “Delete driver software for this device”.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
  6. Restart the computer.
  7. Visit the following website: http://dell.to/17F08dH
  8. Enter the Service tag of the computer in the box provided and click “Submit”.
  9. In the next page, click drop down arrow to select the Operating System which is installed in the computer.
  10. Under category Network, select the wireless network drivers accordingly and click “Download File” and save the file on desktop.
  11. Run the downloaded file and restart the system.
  12. Try connecting to the wireless network.

Please post the results.

No Events found!