razortpst29
1 Copper

Unable to get triple monitor setup functioning - Alienware 15 r2 w/amp and titan x

I bought an Alienware 15 r2 (NVidia 970m and 4k laptop touchscreen) and Alienware Graphics Amplifier (w/Titan X installed) a few months ago and I am now trying to get my three Asus 26" 1080p LCD DisplayPort monitors to function with it.

I have connected all three to the individual DisplayPorts on the Titan X in the amplifier, but it only detects 2 + the laptops screen in Display Properties of Windows 10. I can get it to extend the desktop to one of the monitors + the laptop screen, but I get an error when trying to extend it to the third.

Looking in Device Manager I can 3 Generic PnP monitors, two connected through the Titan X and the laptop screen. In the Nvidia control panel I can see the two Asus screens. 

I have tried the latest Nvidia drivers and I have even factory reset the laptop to try it on a fresh install with no success. All 3 Asus screens will function individually, as long as I move the DisplayPort connection around on the Titan X so I know the screens are ok.

What do I need to do to get the third Asus LCD detected and get windows 10 to allow me to enable all of them?

Exact System Configuration:

Alienware 15 R2

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ (Quad-Core, 6MB Cache, up to 3.5GHz w/ Turbo Boost)

16GB (2x8G) 2133MHz DDR4 Memory

NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 970M with 3GB GDDR5

15.6 inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS-Panel TrueLife 350-nits Display with Touch Technology

Windows 10 Home (64bit) English

Alienware Graphic Amplifier with Nvidia Titan X installed

3 x Asus 26" 1080p LCD w/DisplayPort and HDMI

0 Kudos