Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2013 07:00

Unable to install chipset drivers

Every time I try to install the chipset drivers I receive a message after clicking "finish" that says "An unknown error occurred - setup will exit." I just wiped my hard drive clean which is the reason for the reinstall. I tried safe mode already and that didn't help.

Any input would be great. Thanks for the help!

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

January 8th, 2013 07:00

Hi monggee,

Whenever the operating system reinstallation is done, drivers need to be installed in the right order. Please refer to the link below for driver installation in the right order. 

http://dell.to/NYHDaU                                                              

Please send me the system service tag so that I can check the laptop configuration and give you the right chipset driver. 

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag, so I may check the region/country from where the system was purchased and assist you accordingly. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

2 Posts

January 8th, 2013 08:00

Hi Senthill, I couldn't figure out the friends thing (and you wonder why I'm having PC trouble) but my model is Latitude D620. Do I need to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them in the correct order? Is there a simpler solution I can try first?

Thanks!

No Events found!