Spacekoekje77
1 Nickel

Unable to install the "new" XPS 9343 intel display driver

Hi,

Today I downloaded the "new" intel display driver (9343_Video_Driver_RTWTF_WN32_20.19.15.4531_A04) but once it is trying to install the driver it gives me an error that this driver is not made for this laptop and I have to go to the manufacturer for the driver ... well I do think I got it from the Dell support page ......

Anyone else encountered this issue and maybe have the solution?

- Tried uninstalling previous driver - no success

- Always used the dell driver

14 Replies

RE: Unable to install the "new" XPS 9343 intel display driver

What specific video issue were you trying to correct by installing a driver? That driver was only for Windows 8.1/10. What operating system are you running?

0 Kudos
neil4262
1 Copper

I also have this exact same issue, I am using Windows 10 PRO.  I just wanted to install the newer driver

0 Kudos

neil4262,

What specific video issue are you trying to correct by installing a driver?

0 Kudos
Spacekoekje77
1 Nickel

Hi Chris,

There wasn't a specific driver issue that I wanted to correct, I have notification set when there's new drivers for my device and received an email stating there was a new driver for the intel HD graphics card so I wanted to install this on my machine, but as I posted up there it fails to do so, again no specific issue I just like to keep my system and drivers up to date.

I'm using W10 Home edition, if you want I can send you the installation log.

0 Kudos
UrBe
1 Copper

I also have the same issue on my E6440 with Windows 7 PRO. What is the problem?

0 Kudos

I see. I never install a driver just because its newer. I only install a driver that addresses a specific issue. I have seen entire operating systems hosed because of a bad driver install. Anyway, you can check with Intel to see if they have a newer driver that will install.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Spacekoekje77
1 Nickel

Well luckily never had that issue where installing new drivers would mess up my system except once for AHCI driver that I updated which gave some problems but anyway, I usually install new drivers as in general it addresses issues (bugs etc.) that maybe aren't always as obvious or noticeable. Unfortunately it is not possible to install drivers from Intel directly as those will give you an error message that you have to go to the manufacturer. Thanks for thinking along though.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos

I have created a troubleticket logging the issue. No ETA on a fix.

0 Kudos
Eaglehawk248
1 Nickel

Thanks (for listening). Could have at least left my post...it was noticed on other forums...

0 Kudos