Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2017 04:00

Unable to update Inspiron 5576 graphics drivers

I've tried to upgrade the graphics drivers on this laptop, and have had no luck getting newer ones working.  The current drivers came from the AMD Bristol Ridge Chipset and Baffin Graphics Driver Version 16.500.2501, A00

I've tried installing the latest drivers I could find, the Crimson ReLive Edition 17.4.4 and also Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 and both installed, but didn't work.  For 17.4.4 the amd control panel failed with a no screen attached error and with 17.7.1 it failed with a no device found error.

Does anyone have any ideas if this can actually be updated?  A gaming laptop that you can't update the video drivers on is a bit of an issue.  I really like the laptop apart from this.

Thanks!

• 

16.7K Posts

July 26th, 2017 11:00

bfragged,

Dell has not tested the retail AMD drivers on this model. Dell has always been at least 6 months behind AMD or Nvidia concerning drivers. Sometimes the retail drivers will install, sometimes not.

What specific issues are you having when using our Dell OEM AMD Radeon R7 M445/440 Driver?

Dell Drivers

Version 16.400.2301, A02

4 Posts

July 28th, 2017 09:00

Hi Jesse,

The Dell OEM drivers work fine, but I know there have been performance improvements for some games implemented in newer versions.  I guess we will have to wait and see when new Dell drivers are released.

No Events found!