Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

July 23rd, 2006 01:00

Unlock Fn Key

I have an Inspiron 2650 and the Fn key is locked.....my cat sat on the keyboard.
I have tried everything I can think of to unlock but to no avail.  I have to use the Fn key for all keys that have both characters/numbers or letter/numbers.  Anyone know how to unlock?? 
There are 3 indicator lights at the top of the keyboard....1 is CAPS lock, 1 is  NUMS lock and the third is what is lit and apparently controls this function but I have no idea what it is called.   Sorry if I am not explaining myself properly.   Thanks.

610 Posts

July 23rd, 2006 01:00

hold down the fn key and tap f12. (or scroll lock if it isn't f12)

2 Posts

July 23rd, 2006 11:00

Thanks parkerti.......it wasn't the F12 key but tried F11/NUMS Lock and that worked.  :smileyvery-happy:

August 14th, 2016 09:00

if you look at the Esc key you will see a padlock with the letters fn inside.....hold the FN key and press the Esc key and you toggle the function key to lock or unlock as you prefer.

1 Message

February 26th, 2017 09:00

This worked fine with an Inspiron 15 laptop, where I've been facing the problem of reversed mode Fn key for a couple of weeks. Now I'm almost sure I must have accidenteally pressed "Fn"+"Esc" somewhere along the line.

Thanks!

No Events found!