Highlighted
alabaster000
1 Copper

Unsatisfactory Owner Experience M1330

I've registered in this forum specifically to air my grievances over the M1330. 

I am completely dissatisfied with this product. After spending at least 2-3x the average prices of laptops at that time, I expect a premium product to last me at least 4-5 years.

However, the m1330 has failed me year after year, either from its screen, processor, or the dreaded gpu itself. Or the fan. Or after burning my thighs when I placed it on my lap just after an hour of web-browsing.

And it has started to fail on me again. This would be the 4th time. Same old gpu problem, after being told last year "Dell has changed the chips and addressed the issue, so there would be no more problems". After reading the forums, I am convinced that a complete different system replacement is the only way to go. I would not mind being downgraded some, but after paying a high price premium, I expect that at least.

Tried to contact XPS support, but no one was picking after 15 mins. After contacting Dell support, was told that because my Complete Cover warranty expired 2 days ago, a system exchange was not possible.

I am a reasonable person. If the warranty is expired, I'd understand. However, I was among the first few people who ordered the m1330. My warranty began 10th Aug 2007. Let those of you who ordered at that time recall the date you ordered your XPS m1330, and physically received it in your hands. I received it about a month late. I brought it up with the Dell representative, but they told me it was standard practice for warranty to begin as soon as ordered.

Yet, now, after claiming warranty 2 days after it expires, I was flatly denied. The expiry date was used in my face to flatly put down any claims I had. Only nvidia's limited warranty would apply - so new motherboard, 1 more year of laptop life before it blows up again.

Maybe to Dell, it looks like I am trying to get a new system of 3 years of usage. But my history records can justify my claims. Dispatch over dispatch, motherboard after motherboard. Always with the same results.

My initial plan was to negotiate to an exchange to the vostro v13 or latitude 13 (lower specs compared to my current m1330 2.0ghz dual core and 8400 graphics, +9 cell battery, and yes, they even charged for bluetooth) to accommodate for 3 years worth of usage and inflation etc. But after being flatly denied and treated like this, I am now convinced that I will not be buying Dell's products anymore.

Buyer beware. Cheers.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Xenon

Re: Unsatisfactory Owner Experience M1330

Note:

"Or after burning my thighs when I placed it on my lap just after an hour of web-browsing."

0 Kudos
Charlie.Tate
1 Copper

Re: Unsatisfactory Owner Experience M1330

Note:

"Or after burning my thighs when I placed it on my lap just after an hour of web-browsing."

Now I got it, Thanks for your sharing!
0 Kudos