Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 4th, 2016 12:00

Updating Intel 8260/7260 Bluetooth device on Latitude E5540

Over the past couple weeks I get a notification to update the Intel 8260/7260 Bluetooth device on my Latitude E5540 from driver updates at Dell (Dell Command Update). The update downloads ok and starts to install, then a black mini window comes up like the old dos window but without a prompt and after a few minutes or secs the installation stops and I get a message saying it failed.  This has happened about 3-4 times over the past 2 weeks.  Any advice as to what can be done?  Thank you.

48 Posts

July 6th, 2016 21:00

Thank you for your quick response.  Before I read your response I did some reading and went to the device manager and checked whether the intel bluetooth device driver ( mine is 7260) needed an update and got back the response that I had the most up to date drivers.  I did however go to Dell as you suggested above and check for any device updates needed and this  was not.  So I think I am okay.  I am guessing that the installation failed because it was already up to date, there may not be an option that states you already have the latest driver for the system.  Thanks again for the information, much appreciated.

July 4th, 2016 19:00

Dear Avostro1510

Thanks for writing to us. 

Please install the drivers from support site directly. 

Go to support.euro.dell.com --enter tag #--submit--drivers and downloads--select operating system--network--install the required drivers.

Let us know if they installed successfully. 

Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

Regards

July 9th, 2016 04:00

Nice to hear from you.
The drivers could up already up to date, but just in case if they are corrupted , we would request you to update again to the existing one again, post uninstalling the one already present.
As we see you have already mentioned that the question is answer, do you mean the issue is resolved??

July 9th, 2016 22:00

Hi We are awaiting your response

No Events found!