Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

December 24th, 2012 03:00

Upgrade 1645 DVD to BD Rom/Dvd Burner?

Hey,

I've got a 1645 that I'd sure like to watch blue ray disks on.  Anything I need to know about upgrading this?  what drives are compatible?  Don't need to burn BluRay disks...

Thoughts?

Thanks!

• 

3.3K Posts

December 24th, 2012 09:00

Hi ChinaAxim,

Dell has shipped these systems with combo DVD +/-RW, BD Combo and BD-RE. Please check your order for the type of drive the system was shipped with. In case the system has Blu-ray drive, you can just play the Blu-ray discs. In case the system was shipped with DVD +/-RW, then you may consider replacing with the Blu-ray disc drive.

To check the order details of your system click on the link below, click on System Configuration tab and then click ‘Enter your Service Tag’, enter the system service tag and click Submit. This will give a list of all the components the system was shipped with.

http://dell.to/V5HdRS

In case you are finding difficulty to find the type of drive the system has, please send me a private message with the system service tag to assist you further.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

38 Posts

December 24th, 2012 20:00

Thanks,

Shipped with a DVD writer/burner.    Now I just need to decide if I want the blueray reader or reader/burner... ;)

• 

3.3K Posts

December 26th, 2012 11:00

Hi ChinaAxim,

Thank you for the update. Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

No Events found!