Upgrade Laptop Pentium to i5...

hi my question is can i upgrade my laptop dell inspiron n4050 to i5 processor ? if possible tell me how i can do this please quick reply...... Smiley Happy

and my laptop while playing a video game over heat....... tell the solution ? Smiley Happy

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dell-Rajesh R
5 Tungsten

Re: Upgrade Laptop Pentium to i5...

Hi mian.baba92,

Yes we can upgrade the processor to Intel® Core™ i5-2410M.

Below picture would give you all the compatible processors with Inspiron N4050:

For heating issues follow below steps which can resolve the issue:

1. Use Compressed Air to blow the dust out of the vents.
  2. Update BIOS from the link: http://dell.to/Tg6TuN 

• During BIOS update verify that the computer is connected to an AC Adapter.
    • Disconnect any third party peripherals connected to the computer before performing BIOS update.
    • Do not turn off the computer during the BIOS update.
    • Do not restart the computer during the BIOS update.
  3. If the issue still persists, let’s try running diagnostics on the computer (hold down the Fn + Power button simultaneously).

Awaiting your response!

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh R
#iworkfordell
To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
If a post answers your question, please click "
Yes".

0 Kudos
marx88xram
1 Copper

how much does it normally cost upgrading the processor to i5? i have the same laptop model but with an i3 processor.. how does it help compared to upgrading my 2GB RAM to 4GB or 8GB?

0 Kudos

Hi marx88xram,

Memory determines how much data you can work with at a time. CPU speed determines how quickly data can be processed. Some programs can have low memory requirements while still needing a lot of CPU power, like calculating statistics or dealing with complex mathematical equations. Other programs can have high memory requirements but low processor requirements. Generally, upgrading memory speeds program loading, allows for more data to be loaded at once and allow for more programs to be open at once. Upgrading the processor gives you faster performance where data processing is required. This allows more programs to be run simultaneously with less noticeable loss in performance.

There are various websites available from where you can purchase the processor and check the price like new-egg, amazon, eBay etc. However, if you want to purchase it from Dell, you can contact Dell sales department to check the price. Go to www.support.dell.com
Select the country/region from the top, click on 'Contact information' and then 'Sales' to get the contact information depending on your region.

Dell does not recommend processor or motherboard upgrades for purchase as discrete items in any given system. Therefore, after the processor upgrade, if you face any issue related to the processor, you may not get support from Dell. However, issues with the other components on your system will be supported in case your system is within the warranty.

Please reply for any further questions.

Thanks and Regards,
Vikram M
#iworkfordell
To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to 
http://dell.to/YBlak6

0 Kudos