Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2011 12:00

Upgrade to windows 7 affecting my audio and other components

I upgraded my laptop to windows 7 (from vista) but when i did my touchpad, both clickers, my lightup keyboard, and my speakers dont work. There is also some important components that are worrying me for example my fan isnt working and the 2 audio output and mic input ports dont work...... At first i thought it could possibly be drivers but iv tried everything i could along those lines and nothing.

If anyone can help it would be greater appreciated.

July 31st, 2011 14:00

Any files i select for downloading are downloaded but the dell driver download manager says there is no file to download. I cant figure out why.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 31st, 2011 14:00

Don't use the Dell download manager, use your browser instead. It is problematic.

Even if the drivers are downloaded, you still need to install them. Double click the files, select run, select yes when the UAC prompt comes up. Generally its a case of pressing yes, yes and then Finish (reboot).

Ensure that you install in the correct order (see iee488's link).

What unit do you have is it a Dell Studio 1737? Did you do a clean install of Windows 7? Please provide some more information so we can further assist? Is it 32 bit or 64 bit?

July 31st, 2011 17:00

Sorry, it says in the tags. Thought that was how things were done,

Yeah i run a Dell studio 17"/1737 - 64bit with some minor upgrades for the stock model (Was done through the order of the laptop so when i enter my service tag it will has accounted for them. I can find all the things on the list except part one.... It seems to be a program and not a driver could you post a link someone? When i press download it downloads a 9.3kb application file which when run opens the dell download manager which comes up with the error can you please help wtih how to simply download the file.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 1st, 2011 03:00

Run ccleaner. Let it clean out your browser history. Do not select Dell download manager but simply select download via your web browser.

No Events found!