jlandwehr61
2 Iron

RE: Upgrading Inspiron 1545 from Win 7 to Win 10

Jump to solution

Rishi,

Thanks, I will look into that external as an option. If you know of a brand that is Win10 compliant and reputable, please send it along. 

Thanks again.

Jim

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Jim,

You could check for Kensington 4.0 BT Adapters. They work pretty fast and are reliable as far as I have seen. Amazon has a discount available I guess - priced at $15. However, I do not know anyone having used / tested on Win 10 systems. Please confirm with the vendor before you purchase.

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Rishi
Social Media and Communities Professional
#IWork4Dell
Dell Support Videos 
Drivers and Downloads

0 Kudos
jlandwehr61
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Rishi,

As it turns out, I uninstalled the WIDCOMM bluetooth adapter and installed the Lenovo Windows 10 driver and it worked (even though the last screen said the installation had failed.) The driver executable  was h0wz03ww.exe. 

Just thought I'd let you know.

Jim

aerendraca
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I can confirm that Windows 10 works fine with no driver issues on the Inspiron 1545; I'm currently using it to write this message. I upgraded from windows 7 without hassle. I've only been using it a day so perhaps some issues may turn up, but for now all seems to be grand!

Hope that helps!

jlandwehr61
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Aer,

I updated a couple of days ago and it appears to have gone without issue. On my other laptop (N5010), I lost the bluetooth after the WIN10 upgrade, but had luck when I installed a Lenovo Bluetooth Driver instead. Thanks!

0 Kudos
tiffanymjp
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

i have the same thing my airplane mode will not go to off do you know why?  thank you

0 Kudos
tiffanymjp
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

can you tell me how you did windows 7 to windows10 i have been trying to get on line  with it but can not it says i can go on line bot can not can you help me thank you 

0 Kudos
kinetixace
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello,

I currently have 32-bit Windows 7 on  my Inspiron 1545.  I am considering an upgrade to Windows 10. Do I have the option to upgrade it to 64-bit version to add more memory to it? Ravi

Thanks,

Ravi

Inspiron 1545

0 Kudos
ChrisC1
1 Copper

Jump to solution

About a year ago I installed Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 1545, but I realized that my graphics drivers weren't updated and that there were no updates for my device, but it was after the first month so I didn't get the option to switch back. I'm hoping there is someway you can help me. 

Tags (1)
M3lvm
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Why not just replace the WIFI card. You will need to if you wish to use the 5G wifi band on the new routers that are comming out.

www.ebay.co.uk/.../112072889408

0 Kudos