ejn63
10 Diamond

Re: Upgrading Inspiron 7720 (17R Special Edition/Turbo Edition)

You'll have to call Dell to obtain the bracket - check though that it's not there before buying.

0 Kudos
2 Iron

"Also, I wanna enquire something here: If i remove the mSATA SSD, does that mean i can install one more HDD or SSD in that place? Or the slot for microSSD is too small for normal sized HDD/SSD?"

yes, the msata 'bay' is much too small! But you CAN get a 256G msata card for the same price as a 256G SSD drive.

"If I do make this upgrade, will I get some money back if I sell my old Hard Drives (1TB 5400rpm HDD and 32GB SSD) back to Dell?"

ZERO chance of that, I'll wager...

0 Kudos
ejn63
10 Diamond

Yes, you can install a larger mSATA drive -- it just can't be used as a cache.

No, Dell doesn't buy back used parts.

0 Kudos
udaynatt
3 Silver

so if i install a 256GB mSATA card (has same speed as SSD, right) then i can install windows and major programs/games on it and they'll run lightning fast without need of any cache

is that right?

0 Kudos
2 Iron

That is correct!

BTW, the Crucial M4 msata is 'certified' to work with Dell 7720... (but actually any msata will do!)

0 Kudos
udaynatt
3 Silver

If Doesn't sell such 9-cell batteries, then what is this in the link below?

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/batteries_adapters/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=k12&cs=cak12&sku=312-1165

And don't tell me this is different battery. its SAME battery i posted the earlier links about, just they were from different site.

Although its not listed on the page, but this battery fits very well in the Inspiron 17R SE 7720. All I need to know is if I'll get warranty if i purchase this battery for my Inspiron 7720?

0 Kudos
ejn63
10 Diamond

That battery is for an E-series Latitude - it will not fit your Inspiron.

0 Kudos
udaynatt
3 Silver

dude, my friend has latitude laptop that came with 9-cell battery, and both our batteries fit into each other's laptops. I tried it once. Yeah, when putting inspiron battery in latitude, it shows some low watt-hour warning, but with latitude battery in inspiron, it works fine. Don't know if it will last long though.

0 Kudos
Graham Jupp
3 Silver

Actually some buyers are receiving the bracket preinstalled even without a second drive, my  7720 does seem to have one after a quick inspection.

0 Kudos
ghees
2 Bronze

My 7720 came with the second hd bracket installed as well :-)

0 Kudos