Highlighted
AdamBurdette
1 Copper

Upgrading a dell inspiron 15 - 3521 from normal lcd to a touch screen Read on and feel free to comment or be helpful.

ok so back ground here.. I boguht my wife a inspiron 15 back 2 or 3 years ago. and one of our children jumped on it by accident not paying attenion jumping on our bed. i am pretty sure that the integrated graphics were crushed because it no longer has any picture with internal scrfeen or external usb nothing.. also the scren thats in it busted so i have to replace the screen anyway and prbably trhe mother board.

OK now that ur caught up.. I found a entire top peice of my laptop except it has the lcd digitizer combo. that doesn't concern me.. that does it what extra hardware componenets do i need to use the touch screen? or is the motherboard the same and it jut plugs into it no converters or boxes w/e it would have.  AND YES there was the option to make this one a touch screen for like 150$ extra but i got her an upgraded i5 processor instead.. so ithis isn't so far fetched that its crazy... currently it has the VAW00 LA-9104P  Rev: 1.0 (A00)    09-13-2012 made in china but *** im tired of typing i thimnk i've given more than enough info to get us started.. thanks guys..

0 Kudos
1 Reply
9 Rhodium

RE: Upgrading a dell inspiron 15 - 3521 from normal lcd to a touch screen Read on and feel free to comment or be helpful.

Yes, the mainboard is the same -- as long as you get the complete top assembly with hinges, you can add the touch panel to the system.  Whether it's worth the added cost is something only you can decide.

0 Kudos