Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Upgrading an XPS L702X to Windows 10, a report

Jump to solution

I am just very upset that so far Dell has left the XPS 17 L702X owners out in the cold for the update to Windows 10. I thought Dell support was WAY better than that.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

Hello and good afternoon

I did not read your whole article but caught the Touch Pad issue.

Go to Device Manager and "drop down" the Mouse then right click on the Touch Pad and uninstall the driver.

You can always extract the driver from support.dell.com "drivers and diagnostics."

Food for thought.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Argentum

Jump to solution

Hello and good afternoon

I called Microsoft and the following information will load Windows 10 immediately:

Enter in a google search engine: getmediacreationtool and run it.

Then you will see create iso file for different PC. Save it to Desktop.

Click Desktop Shortcut and download iso file.

For some reason I was able to download Windows 10 before saving the iso file to desktop?

We do not have to wait for Dell or anyone else and besides why wait for weeks until you can download Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

touchpad driver has been foundhttp://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03189486M/1/Input_Driver_H3H95_WN32_19.0.15.2_A00.EXE

this enables new ui and win10 app gestures, by the way quickset I believe controls the touchpad being disabled.. you need 11.0.24 of it to work and that also allows ya to have the buttons up at top.. now I'm just searching for the right audio driver

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

It's disgraceful that Dell are not supporting Windows 10  for this model. I've upgraded two XPS1702x laptops. One the webcam did not work and the other no internet connection via Ethernet cable or wireless and in the end had to install windows 8.1, on this laptop to get it working,.for which dell are supporting! DISGRACEFUL DELL.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Disgraceful lack of support!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
7 Thorium

Jump to solution

There was a "webcam issue" with Windows 10 RS1 when it was initially released. Microsoft have now patched it. 

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos