Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: Using USB Powershare on XPS13 (Early 2015)

Jump to solution

Hi, I've enabled powershare in the bios and followed the windows power plan settings. As soon as I shut the lid however, charging stops. I'm on Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hi'

I would unplug the USB cable and plug it after the pc is off  and that seem to work around that. 

Thanks

Mohammad

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

XPS13 9343 2015 with Win 10

enabled power sharing in bios and usb preferences in power plans. in sleeping mode now usb charges devices only if i unplug and plug again an external device after XPS shuts off. if i activate in bios laptop awaking by usb external devices the power sharing continues after XPS falls asleep without disconnecting my device i'm charging. but then laptop turns on by mouse even if i switch this off in mouse preferences in control panel

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Unplugging then plugging back in after asleep does seem to work on my XPS13 9350. But it's hyper-annoying to have to do this. I can't just walk away from the PC with the phone plugged in and it keeps charging when the PC goes to sleep. Likewise if it wakes up and then goes back to sleep, it stops charging. What were they thinking??!?!?!???!