Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 21st, 2012 04:00

VGA Driver not working

I have a Dell Inspiron N4050 on which i have installed a 32-bit Windows 7 recently. Everything is working fine except the the resolution of my screen is flat and strched from the sides: due to vga driver not working. I did  install the Intel Driver, but still no response. The Dell Diagnostic test gave the following result (attached picture).. what should i do??

3 Posts

September 23rd, 2012 22:00

Interestingly, my laptop updated itself when i booted yesterday. With it, the screen resolution problem also got solved! =)

I will install the chipset driver too today. 

Nonetheless, thank you for help! =)

4.4K Posts

September 21st, 2012 09:00

Hi  aishaklcc,

Welcome to the Community,

Try uninstalling the Intel graphics driver using this Driver Sweeper tool.

Use this link to download: driver-sweeper.en.softonic.com

After you use this tool to clean the Intel graphics driver,reboot the system and reinstall driver from this link below :

www.dell.com/.../inspiron-15-intel-n5040

Note:Driver Sweeper is a 3rd party tool and not a Dell validated tool.

Hope this helps,

Thank You

3 Posts

September 21st, 2012 09:00

I did that just now but first of all, the driver sweeper did not seem to work. And i tried uninstalling the VGA driver from Control Panel but there was no VGA driver there. I ended up uninstalling the only Intel driver i saw: the Intel Management Engine Component driver. Now what? =(

4.4K Posts

September 21st, 2012 11:00

First reinstall this Chipset driver (the one which you've uninstalled) : www.dell.com/.../inspiron-14-intel-n4050

Reboot the system,go to Device Manager,expand Display adapters and post a screen shot showing the list of components in Device Manager.

No Events found!