Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

January 22nd, 2013 23:00

Vastro 2450 Charger 65W is not detected?

I have Vastro 2450 laptop (15 months old) with a 65W charger.

When I connect my charger to laptop, it says that  - “unable to detect charger, for better charging connect 65W or plus charger”. When I leave the charger being connected to power lines, after almost half an hour, when I re-connect to laptop, laptop is able to detect charger properly and starts charging. This problem only comes in months of winter not in summer.

Pls, suggest any remedy for this.

Thank you very much for guidance.

1.8K Posts

January 23rd, 2013 00:00

Hi kk1234567,

Please check if the port (where you plug in the charger) is loose, sticky or broken. 

You can try an alternate AC adapter and see if the issue persists with that. Another step you can try is to check in BIOS if the AC adapter gets detected. You can follow the steps below to check in BIOS:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as you see the Dell logo, start tapping the ‘F2’ key on top of the keyboard.
  • If you wait too long and the Microsoft Windows appears, then continue to wait until you see the Windows desktop. Now shutdown your computer and try again.
  • After this a new window would appear. You can only use the arrow keys of the keyboard to navigate between the options as the mouse is not functional in this mode.
  • Check under 'Main' tab, if the AC adapter gets detected. 

(AC adapter wattage in BIOS may vary depending on the AC adapter shipped with your computer)

• Press F9 to load defaults and F10 to save changes.
  • Restart your computer. 

If the issue still persists, you can update the system BIOS. 

Note: Make sure the ac adapter is connected and the battery is charged 10% or above to update the BIOS. Also, disconnect all the external peripherals before updating the BIOS. All the programs should be closed and documents saved.

Steps to download BIOS:

• Click on the below link: http://dell.to/QjjZDA
  • Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system.
  • Go to “BIOS” and click on the BIOS available.
  • Click on “Download File”.
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
  • Click on “Download Now”.
  • Save the BIOS on your desktop.
  • Once the BIOS is downloaded on the desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
  • Follow the prompts on screen and restart your computer.

Please share the findings. 

No Events found!