Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 11th, 2015 19:00

Video stutters and audio buzzes.

I have a DELL Inspiron and just today I noticed that while playing video from Youtube or other online video sites like Bliptv, the video will randomly stutter and emit a loud buzzing sound. There's no rhyme or reason to it, and my computer doesn't appear to be overheating at all. 

Can anyone help with a possible solution to this problem?

41 Posts

February 12th, 2015 10:00

The Dell Support (PC Doctor) program updated itself on a few of my machines and suddenly I have the same issue. I uninstalled Dell SupportAssist and the SupportAssist Agent and the problem disappeared. Might be worth a shot if you have this program installed.

1 Message

March 3rd, 2015 05:00

Same problem, I also uninstalled Dell Support Assist,and the Assist Agent.  Problem went away...

Jim

February 11th, 2015 21:00

I have the same problem. There was windows updates yesterday and i have a feeling one of them my be causing the problem. However is just dont have the will power right now to uninstall them 1 by 1 and figure it out. Tomorrow i will see if uninstalling them fixes the problem. 

2 Posts

February 12th, 2015 14:00

Holy smokes, this TOTALLY WORKED! Also, I was having problems with video lagging and not starting when I clicked play. It would just stop, and sometimes after a whole MINUTE it would finally start. That has now stopped, too!

Thank you so much! Dell support was going to charge me over $100 to fix the problem!

5 Practitioner

• 

146 Posts

February 13th, 2015 15:00

We have developed a hotfix that will prevent intermittent audio/video issues when SupportAssist is installed on some systems.  We are in final testing and should have it available by tomorrow to share.

We appreciate the forum members bringing this issue to our attention so quickly.

4 Posts

February 14th, 2015 05:00

So happy to have found this as I am having the same problem. Will you post here once the fix is available and how we can locate it?

4 Posts

February 14th, 2015 09:00

I see a new Support Assist downloaded on my computer - guessing this is the fix?

I am still having the video freeze and audio buzzing sound :(

4 Posts

February 14th, 2015 17:00

Hello! I did end up uninstalling Dell Support Assist and the Agent as well and everything is fine!

5 Practitioner

• 

146 Posts

February 14th, 2015 19:00

Yesterday, we posted an entry into this forum indicating that a hotfix to the issues you described would be available today.  This fix has now been developed and successfully tested internally, however we feel it important at this time to assist customers with this hotfix to ensure it addresses the problems they are seeing in their particular configurations before posting the fix for wide distribution.

We have already contacted a number of customers who reported the issue on this forum and thus far, results have been positive.  If you would like us to work with you to implement this hotfix, please place a reply into this forum and we’ll contact you as quickly as possible.

2 Posts

February 14th, 2015 21:00

Yes! I have this same issue with my XPS 15. Whenever streaming/playing any from of media, it will randomly stutter, and make a weird skipping sound through the audio. I would love an update for Support Assist

5 Posts

February 15th, 2015 12:00

I have an Inspiron 13 7000 Series and I would love to have this problem fixed because I have lost a lot of my schoowork because of this problem. I haven't had the buzzing sound but the screen jumps, flips and open/closes programs and windows by itself.

5 Posts

February 15th, 2015 15:00

...hoping that it would help, I removed the Dell Support from my computer but it did not help at all.:emotion-6:  My computer has been off for a couple of hours since but when I turned it on, not too long after it started back again. Please help, SOON!

1 Message

February 15th, 2015 16:00

I'm having the same problem with my laptop with a buzzing in the audio also i can not get my dvds to play on my monitor i can hear it running but nothing on the screen shows up.

February 15th, 2015 17:00

I was having the same issues and have read about the hot fix I removed dell detect assist for now but I don't know if I want to see if the hot fix works please let me know if I can try it when you get a chance. I have yet restarted m laptop which runs a Ge Force GT 550 M and I was thinking that was it. I will see if removing the programs will work. If support wants to get ahole of me my E-mail is <ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>  Thanks for the help and info on this!!!!

Dave 

February 15th, 2015 17:00

So I have ran a few you tube vids and there is no buzzes anymore my vids were not studdering but Im glad this seems to fix it!

Dave

No Events found!