Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 11th, 2015 19:00

Video stutters and audio buzzes.

I have a DELL Inspiron and just today I noticed that while playing video from Youtube or other online video sites like Bliptv, the video will randomly stutter and emit a loud buzzing sound. There's no rhyme or reason to it, and my computer doesn't appear to be overheating at all. 

Can anyone help with a possible solution to this problem?

1 Message

February 19th, 2015 17:00

I'm experiencing stuttering in video playback.  Do you have a fix for this?  Thanks.  I'm using windows 7. 

5 Posts

February 19th, 2015 20:00

I have uninstalled, and uninstalled and reinstalled and it did not work.

1 Message

February 21st, 2015 06:00

Hello Dell,

I have a brand new Dell Inspiron 15 7541 laptop.  The video on any news website is extremely slow/choppy.  Do you have an recommendedfixes?

Thanks

KC

3 Posts

February 21st, 2015 07:00

Thanks so much! My Dell XPS was experiencing intermittent loud and soft humming, stuttering video, and depixellation, and I had tried a many possible solutions to no avail. But when I uninstalled Dell Support Assist, and SupportAssist PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

11 Posts

February 21st, 2015 08:00

I am still having this problem and awaiting the hotfix. In the meantime I have disable the two related drivers.

1 Message

February 21st, 2015 10:00

Just abut ready to buy a full version of win7 so that I could do a complete format of this thing. I would be grateful for any help. I was wondering if it was the onboard graphics conflicting with the Gforce card  then we got to thinking it must bae a windows update, then I saw your post

carl j krist

1 Message

February 23rd, 2015 03:00

Hi Joe, 

Experiencing the same problem, can u help me on this issue. 

Thank you

1 Message

February 23rd, 2015 16:00

Hey DELL-Joe B, I've been having the same trouble. The computer occasionally buzzes whenever any audio is played. I uninstalled Dell SupportAssist and the associated programs and found that it did not significantly decrease the buzzing. Please post the suggested hotfix so that the customers can fix this issue. I recommend this hotfix is made available on the site itself, rather than through one-on-one communication, since the problem is so obviously widespread. Thank you

1 Message

February 26th, 2015 04:00

Hello Joe B

I have a Studio 1735 running Windows 7 and I have this problem with the studdering video. Can you send me a link to the hotfix for this problem.

Regards

Derek Mc Farlane

1 Message

March 3rd, 2015 03:00

our laptop too has had trouble lately when my son has been playing games, symptoms are video stuttering, sound looping/buzzing and eventually the whole game freezes which then either causes the system to crash or we have to force a shut down as ctrl/alt/delete won't respond.

Can you send us the link to the hotfix please? Or should I phone Dell, our warranty expires middle of this month.

5 Practitioner

• 

146 Posts

March 3rd, 2015 05:00

Check to see if the hotfix has been downloaded onto your machine?  Dell is in the process of placing the exe onto all machines.  If available, run that file (SupportAssist-Hotfix-20150219.exe) under the following directory and reboot.  Otherwise it should be part of a push this week (3/5), 

C:\dell\SupportAssistTools

If not available...

* Go here to get the Hotfix (Dell SupportAssist and Dell SupportAssist Agent must be installed)

* Save the file (supportassist-hotfix-20150219.exe) to the windows desktop

* Run the Hotfix file (supportassist-hotfix-20150219.exe)

* Follow the instructions to deploy the Hotfix

* When done, restart the computer

* Any questions/issues should be emailed to the team here: SupportAssist@Dell.com

* Include your system model, service tag, issues

3 Posts

March 3rd, 2015 12:00

by the way- do be thorough- its even resident in your system restore. Theres some remover software out there available for free. One of which is Uninstaller PRO which is free, but I would still go through your registry to make sure everythings gone.

3 Posts

March 3rd, 2015 12:00

I deleted all references to Dell which did nothing, still got stuttering/buzz during games and video playback regardless of medium used. What I did find is iObit apps toolbar (spigot manufacturer, NOT iObit) deleted everything including within registry editor which did the trick finally. Days and days of fooling around with this and turns out its Malware. Regardless of what Spigot says, their *** is really bad for your system and makes it do all kinds of freaky things.

1 Message

June 6th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

I have uninstalled the dell support and assist, but I cannot uninstall the dell support and assist agent. I get error code 1721, a problem with this windows installer. I have a dell inspiron 17R.

Please help!

1 Message

August 11th, 2016 22:00

I would like a link to the hotfix, I still am experiencing stuttering video/audio

No Events found!