Check to see if the hotfix has been downloaded onto your machine? Dell is in the process of placing the exe onto all machines. If available, run that file (SupportAssist-Hotfix-20150219.exe) under the following directory and reboot. Otherwise it should be part of a push this week (3/5),
If not available...
* Go here to get the Hotfix (Dell SupportAssist and Dell SupportAssist Agent must be installed)
* Save the file (supportassist-hotfix-20150219.exe) to the windows desktop
* Run the Hotfix file (supportassist-hotfix-20150219.exe)
* Follow the instructions to deploy the Hotfix
* When done, restart the computer
* Any questions/issues should be emailed to the team here: SupportAssist@Dell.com
* Include your system model, service tag, issues
Social Media and Community Professional
I deleted all references to Dell which did nothing, still got stuttering/buzz during games and video playback regardless of medium used. What I did find is iObit apps toolbar (spigot manufacturer, NOT iObit) deleted everything including within registry editor which did the trick finally. Days and days of fooling around with this and turns out its Malware. Regardless of what Spigot says, their *** is really bad for your system and makes it do all kinds of freaky things.
by the way- do be thorough- its even resident in your system restore. Theres some remover software out there available for free. One of which is Uninstaller PRO which is free, but I would still go through your registry to make sure everythings gone.
I have uninstalled the dell support and assist, but I cannot uninstall the dell support and assist agent. I get error code 1721, a problem with this windows installer. I have a dell inspiron 17R.