Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

W

6 Posts

April 16th, 2007 21:00

Vista, LightFX, Quicket, M170, HELP!

OK.

Having seemingly lost the appeal with dell (http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=vista&message.id=21913&query.id=36142#M21913) I tried to get on with life. You know, using the lights to the tinyest degree.

Seeing the update on dell for the LightFX SDK, I downloaded it. Installed it. And found out that as I had no programming experience, I could make zero use of it.

But then I read on these forums, that if you have quickset installed, you can make the lights flash in time with iTunes, WMP etc.

Now I had known before that there was a plugin for WMP before LightFX, but as I use iTunes, I didn't use it. Now that I know there's an iTunes plugin. I WANT IT!

Problem: There is no m170/Gen2 Vista version of Quicket.
Action: download the XP version of quicket for m170 and run it in compatibility mode
Result: I can control the lights like in XP, but there is no "LED Control" tab under gaming which is meant to appear and allow me to use these magic iTunes plugin.

I commend dell for developing LightFX. They listened to what people wanted, and they made it. Now if only they would do that and make Vista Quickset for m170 and Gen2 we'd love Dell. But no.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? Please help? Dell support, are you out there? Please help an XPS paying customer...

Anyone...

I beg you....PLEASE!!

I am desperate....

30 Posts

April 24th, 2007 14:00

When running Vista my Quickset won't remember any of my setting on a reboot.

16 Posts

April 27th, 2007 07:00

Ya I have a gen 2 and im still waiting for the vista 32 bit quickset.... seems like its gonna take forever... so how do you run it in compatibility mode?

30 Posts

April 27th, 2007 20:00

Under the Vista area they have quickset. So no need to run it in compatabilty mode if I am right.

6 Posts

April 28th, 2007 11:00

@hani2006.

Really Easy. Download the installer for Quicket XP for Gen 2. Right click on the installer then click on properties. Select the Compatibility tab then check "Run this program in Compatibility mode for Windows XP" and "Run this program as administrator". Should install fine!

One thing, I find that the volume popups show when I press the volume buttons, but don't show and change. Just disable them in Quickset. Still, if you install the LightFX SDK, you won't get the itunes plugins or anything in quickset which is what I really want. Please Dell!

16 Posts

April 28th, 2007 15:00

OMG had no idea you could do that, would have done it ages ago but are you able to turn off the LED's ?

@ greenmeanie

they don't have it for the XPS gen 2 yet...

Message Edited by hani2006 on 04-28-2007 11:19 AM

1 Message

May 10th, 2007 20:00

Downloading the Vista 32-bit version doesn't work at all. It won't even install, it gives an error that says "This is not a supported system." There are many other posts in this forum with people having the same issue. Seems like it needs to be addressed.
No Events found!