Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

October 7th, 2007 05:00

Volume Help!

I have a E1705 with xp MCE and for some reason i have no idea of everytime i press the the volume buttons on my laptop I do not see the display of my volume going up or down on my screen...not even when i press mute. Plz do anybody know whts the coause of why i do not see it. Plz help.

October 7th, 2007 06:00

i have the same problem i donrt know why ...

i think i just don't have the right driver for it i guess... but hich do we need then?

2 Posts

March 1st, 2009 22:00

This is the exact same problem I'm looking on here too.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 2nd, 2009 04:00

I don't know if this is the answer but It might have to do with Dell Quickset. Look on the taskbar and see if you have the icon there. It's in the shape of a blue Q with a yellow tail sticking out of it. Click the icon and uncheck 'disable onscreen volume meter.' (On some versions you must right click it and on some you left click.)

If the icon is missing look under Start/All Programs and see if you have the Dell Quickset program. Follow the arrow to the word 'Quickset' and click on it and the 'Q' icon should appear on the taskbar.

If you don't have the Quickset program you can download it from your downloads page under 'Applications'. Follow this link and enter your model name, number and operating system. When you get on the download page expand the Applications category.

Quickset's main function is to start the power management wizard; however, clicking the icon lets you enable or disable the Fn keys for volume and screen brightness, and it is necessary for Media Direct to function.

2 Posts

March 2nd, 2009 07:00

Well I was able to resolve this without a response, so i thought I'd post one.

All I had to do for my Inspiron E1705 to resolve my on screen missing volume meter for the front panel sound buttoms was install the optional QuickSet driver/application from the Dell Drivers/Downloads under Applications. For my specific laptop I used v 8.1.12. Atfer that, a nice volume graphic shows up on screen when I increase, decrease, and mute the volume using the front panel volume buttons.

Probelm solved!

7 Posts

March 2nd, 2009 10:00

mvmusic, the missing volume meter was on my list of things to find on my laptop, you saved me the time of searching for it. Thanks so much!!! :emotion-1:

No Events found!