Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

November 15th, 2008 11:00

Volume is 50% on Inspiron 1525

I have an Inspiron 1525 with Vista and the volume of the sound does not seem to be at 100% even when the volume control shows that it is.  The interesting thing is that when I open windows media center and turn the volume all the way up it shows the meter at 50%.  Given the sound coming out of the laptop I am thinking this meter is more accurate.

Any ideas on what settings / configuration I could check to make sure this isnt' user error?  Or an issue with the OS?

Thanks, Kyle

5 Posts

November 30th, 2008 18:00

I have been having this same issue and dell tech support keeps telling me there is nothing wrong and that Im crazy.  Please let me now if you find a solution to this!

6 Posts

May 21st, 2009 13:00

I have 2 laptops as well . .. . one inspiron 1420 and a newly bought studio 15 . . . The sound was working very normally when the laptop was shipped to me from the facttory. . .. i had installed windows 7 on both laptops . . immediately the volume got reduced meaning . . . . even when volume was kept in max , the sound became very feeble as compared to when it was in the in original shipped state . . the same phenomenon occured in both laptops But i tried reverting back to Windows vista with the latest sound card drivers but of no use and the volume is very feeble as usual .. . . i couldnt get back the original loudness . .. . if anyone has a solution to this problem please help me out !! Delll doesn;t seem to havea solution for this problem though my laptop is just 2 months old

16 Posts

May 27th, 2009 05:00

I have two, 1525n's running Ubuntu-Linux and I have the same problem with sound except when I play Flash Videos (Flash Player 10).

Try here and see what happens:

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do;jsessionid=C85305DF85162A35683E2EF0D60302F7?displayContent=191566&page=1

5 Posts

May 27th, 2009 08:00

NOt sure what lchido's post was trying to accomplish, but here is something I found on another forum.... ITs worth a try.

That is a common complaint about the 1525. This tip was posted by forum member X-Tek:

I recently bought a 1525 and had the same problem. Managed to get more volume by doing this:

Start -> Control Panel -> Sound -> Speakers / Headphones -> Enhancements Tab
Then, Tick the "Loudness Equalization" -> Apply / OK

I have also ticked the "Bass Boost and Low Frequency Protection" plus the "Virtual Sound".

The volume is still not great, but definately better than it was.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 27th, 2009 17:00

cucak83,

That's funny that you found it on another forum. That is my post word for word, that I have have posted here on the Laptop Audio Board numerous times. Of course I have just been just passing x-tek's tip because he (or she) is not a board regular. It's good that it is getting some circulation.

5 Posts

May 27th, 2009 19:00

while i am also happy for you that it is getting some circulation (I coppied and pasted it, so I hope it was what you said) I wish Dell would get on the ball and find a real fix for the issue - I was happy with the sound on my other two dell computers and latley, I have not only been disappointed with the product,but also with the customer support trying to work wiht it.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 28th, 2009 05:00

It is my observation that Dell is much more focused on putting out a steady stream of new models than in fixing problems with current or discontinued models. Now that they are no longer selling 1525's I think the chances of a fix are non-existent.

16 Posts

May 28th, 2009 13:00

I was noting that my 1525 has a Speaker Volume Problem for everything Expect for the Videos at Military.com.

Why, I don't know, but the more info Dell and it's users have, the better chance if finding a "fix".

No Events found!