Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

1 Message

November 18th, 2008 04:00

Vostro 1500 and Line-In issues (ASIO?)

Hey all,

I'm currently having problems getting the line in to work PROPERLY on my laptop. I'm running my guitar via the line in into my laptop for a software package. When i use the DirectSound drivers, i get a really really high latency, so high, that it's unusable really. The ASIO4ALL drivers are highly recommended for this type of setup. When i downloaded them however, I seem to get a deafeningly high screech sound, which i think is basically feedback from the mic array and the normal speakers on the laptop (I'm actually outputting through a 2-speaker hub).

Basically, In the software, the options for the input is Mic1, Mic2, Muxed1, Muxed2. No option there for line in... Someone suggested if i go into the SigmaTel settings (or Sound Settings) in control panel, and disable the mic array (I never use it anyway) that the software should pick up the Line-In as the Mic1?

Someone PLEASE help! Is there a specific ASIO driver for the SigmaTel card in the Vostro? (I have a feeling it's the same or similar card as in inspirons)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

N

No Responses!
No Events found!