Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 6th, 2015 22:00

Vostro 1510 maximum capacity of Ram

Hi every one,

I am having vostro 1510 for past four years. Now i want to increase its ram. I have 2 GB of Ram in it. Now i want it to increase for 6 GB or 8 GB. How would i know whether it will support that much or not?. In specifications they mentioned 4 GB. But it will not be sufficient for me, please tell me any tools to test the maximum ram capacity for my lappy.. A sincere request please tell me free tools. As i am unable to spend money on it.  

March 6th, 2015 23:00

Hi Ravi,

Thank you for your answer, is there any other way to increase my ram?. Because i am dual OS. In both OS i have eclipse and android studio which is occupying the more memory. If any other way is there means please let me know, i am using 1 TB HDD.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

March 6th, 2015 23:00

Hi,

The Dell Vostro 1510 system has 2 SODIMM slots. The system accepts a memory capacity ranging from 512 MB, 1 GB, and 2 GB. The memory type accepted is DDR2 667 MHz SODIMM only. The computer supports a maximum of 4GB of memory when installed with two 2GB DIMMs.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

March 14th, 2015 10:00

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately Dell has tested only 4GB memory on this model.

No Events found!