Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

December 8th, 2017 21:00

Vostro 1520 LED Screen Upgrade

I have a Dell Vostro 1520 that was a gift from my parents when I first started college.  I love this laptop, and I keep it around because it has sentimental value to me.  I know this is an obsolete laptop, but I am trying to upgrade it as much as possible.

My question is, are there any LED screens for other laptops, either in the Vostro series or elsewhere, that would be cross compatible (without the need for a lot of modification) with the 1520? 

My current screen is a 15.4" 1280x800 matte LED.  I know that there is also a 1440x900 available.

Side note, if there are any other upgrades anyone is aware of that I could make, your input would also be appreciated.  I have upgraded the processor to an Intel Core2 T9800 (max the motherboard can handle, I think?), upgraded to 8 gb of ram, upgraded the bluetooth, replaced the fan, and put in an SSD.  I have an external graphics card for any tasks that the integrated one cannot handle.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 9th, 2017 04:00

Yes -

www.ebay.com/.../1861098452

You'll also need to replace the wiring harness to the display.

2 Posts

December 9th, 2017 07:00

Thanks!!  This is exactly what I was hoping for!

Would you mind also pointing me in the directing of the correct wiring harness?  Will it require soldering?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 9th, 2017 11:00

The wiring harness is a plug-in -- no soldering.  Try parts-people.com for it.

No Events found!