Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 8th, 2017 08:00

Vostro 3450 Win7 64 bit Pro Missing Drivers (support assist no help)

Hi,

I have the above laptop and I just reinstalled OS with the OEM disc problem is hat I do not have the driver disc. I have been into my Dell and use the support assist to pick the drivers for my laptop. Problem is that it still shows a lot of drivers and many are not for my machine.

I did call Dell figuring that is I had to I would pay for the support and I was told that my laptop was considered "end of life" and they offered no support free of pad. But they did send me a link on how to use supportt assist to find the drivers whish is useless.

If I go into my device manager and click on the ones I need and open up the hardware info and number could someone direct myself to the correct drivers?

Needed are:

sm bus controller id pciven_8086&dev_1c2&subsys_04c51028&rev_05

unknown device acpi\smc8800

quanticom atheros bluetooth bus  root\btath_bus

416 Posts

October 9th, 2017 10:00

All good found the correct driver for the fall sensor for the 3450

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

Thanks all

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 8th, 2017 09:00

Install the drivers under "chipset" -- starting with the intel HM67 driver, followed by a reboot:

www.dell.com/.../drivers

Under System Utilities, install the motion sensor driver.

For bluetooth and network, go to "Original Configuration" and identify the card installed.  Then install the corresponding drivers from the link above.  DO NOT just guess or try at random - you must identify the driver and install the correct one.

416 Posts

October 9th, 2017 07:00

Thnaks but chipset unzipped and did nothng, did a reboot and still nothing?

416 Posts

October 9th, 2017 08:00

ran this downloadcenter.intel.com/.../1145 and it fixed the "sm bus controller id pciven_8086&dev_1c2&subsys_04c51028&rev_05"

Also just went in and uninstalled the "quanticom atheros bluetooth" and restarted and uts gone foe good,  Now the last issue is the unknown device in other devices,.

Here is what I see:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

Hardware id's

ACPI\SMO8800

*SMO8800

416 Posts

Sorry the above was about the Qualcomm Atheros Communications root\BTATH_BUS

Do I even need this?

416 Posts

also nWindows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

416 Posts

October 11th, 2017 17:00

Still having issued with the wireless and bluetooth drivers

Perhaps this would help?

Also I did try this driver as a long shot, it did show that my wirless was enabled in my adapter settings but down by the clock I had the red ex over the signal strength  and also a incorrect driver warning sI I have uninstalled that.

Incorrect driver:

Network_Driver_9T8XY_WN32_10.0.0.309_A03 (1)

No Events found!