Laptops General - Read Only

2 Bronze

Vostro 3550 with Switchable AMD Radeon HD3550M

I've got Vostro 3550 that I bought to improve my 3D entertainment. The problem is that I feel like I would have bought a computer from 1999 not from 2011. It looks like graphics switching doesn't work at all. There is a proof:

Cinebench OpenGL ratio is almost the same on ATI and on Intel Graphics (on Intel it's even better). What can I do? Driver is in version:8.811.1.5000.

Screen from Cinebench: http://imageshack.us/f/810/vostro3550opengl.jpg/

Replies (42)
DellEMC

I wanted to post that there is an official document regarding the latest BIOS updates on the Vostro 3350 and 3550

support.dell.com/.../document

Here are the links for updated BIOS allowing fixed mode graphics support on the Inspiron N5110

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Bios update allowing fixed mode support for the Inspiron N4110

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

Fixed Mode support Bios for the Vostro 3450 <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R314953&Syst...

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

2 Bronze

Dear Terry or somebody at dell,

I cannot download the above link for my Inspiron N4110..The download page did not appear..It is frustrated for me to buy a new laptop with a new specs and yet it performs worse than my previous laptop I bought in 2004..

2 Bronze

Dear Terry or somebody at Dell,

I cannot download the above link for my Inspiron N4110. The download page did not appear.

I just bought a new laptop with a new specs and yet it performs worse than my previous laptop I bought in 2003.

2 Bronze

Dear Terry or somebody at Dell,

I cannot download the above link for my Inspiron N4110. The download page did not appear.

I just bought a new laptop with a new specs and yet it performs worse than my previous laptop I bought in 2003.

DellEMC

The drivers and downloads page is being updated so that it may take a day or so for all the drivers to show up.  If you still are not able to download drivers you should be shortly.  I would check later today.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

2 Bronze

I still cannot download it Terry B. I tried to open those links for Inspiron N5110 and Vostro 3450 and they seem fine. But unfortunately until now I am not able to open the link for my Inspiron N4110.

2 Bronze

I still cannot download it Terry B. I tried to open those links for Inspiron N5110 and Vostro 3450 and they seem fine. But unfortunately until now I am not able to open the link for my Inspiron N4110.

2 Bronze

Hi Bob,

I have the same issue, vostro 3350, card amd hd 6630M, did you were able to run FSX and X Plane 9 with decent performance after the bios update? Tried X plane 10 and still super slow, very poor performance....

Thanks

Not applicable

Need a bios update for Dell Vostro 3350 to support swithcing video in BIOS, please...

Bought new Dell Vostro 3350 and have problems to enable fixed AMD Radeon HD7450 in Windows XP, or there may be any other way to make it work?

Thanks in advance!

Not applicable

there is one problem with your answer, i have and inspiron n4050 and on my current installed catalyst utility, i have no Switchable Graphics Method. Do i need to update? even tho i cant find any possible update on your website, nor can i download the appropriate drivers from amd's website. This is really bothering because i cant run most of my open-gl games at all.

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions