Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2014 05:00

Vostro 3560 Black Display Issue

Hi all,

I am a proud owner of Vostro 3560 ( i7 Q, 8GB, ATI 7670M HDD+SSD).

But something is really wrong with my notebook. The issue is as follow:

I have chosen from Power options to turn off the display after 5 minutes ( tried also with more. )

So after 5 minutes, the display is turned off. I am moving my mouse to turn it on, but it doesnt show anything. Just the backlight is diplayed ( the screen become more lighter ), The notebook remains responsible, but nothing is showed on the screen. I have tried couple of driver versions ( original, latest, middle version. ), also its happening on Win 7, 8, 8.1. I have played around almost every setting that could be changed. Nothing in event log.

The only way to fix this is to turn off the laptop / put it in sleep mode and then turn on from power button.

Can you advice on what could cause this ? Or where should i look for the problem ? It might be related to power options or VGA ? Anyone with same problem?

Thank you!

1 Message

April 15th, 2014 11:00

i have the exact same problem, and would be extremely happy if someone could help us!

regards

April 15th, 2014 21:00

Very same problem with my Vostro 3560..

April 18th, 2014 14:00

Same problem here...

1 Message

September 14th, 2015 13:00

Hello all,

the same problem here. I have also tried to find solution by all settings I found but nothing helped. The same problem also with Win 10.

I will be very grateful if someone could help to find a solution to this annoying "feature".

Thanks!

2 Posts

June 1st, 2016 21:00

I also have had the same problem.  Have done all the driver updates and it still happened.

One thing I noticed is that it never did it while plugged into the charger, only when running on battery.

My laptop also started beeping on then off continuously upon power up (before bios/dell logo options) and doesn't do anything.  Several attempts to get it going and it finally boots (you can tell if it is going to boot as the back light changes on the screen from black to dark grey).  Rang Dell about this and did the diagnostic tests but that didn't show anything up.  Updated the bios to the latest and the problem went away all of a sudden........No it is back and doing it again but this time I have only been able to get the laptop to boot once.  To get it to stop beeping requires holding the power button down then repeat the process in the hope that it starts up.

Error codes are really that much help.  Tried to remove RAM and HDD etc to find the problem but it just sounds those error codes so I know its not that.

Found this post on here and I think it might be linked to the black screen problem.http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19606577

Last reply mentions some more codes and mine sounds like it is a power supply problem by the way it is beeping.  This is probably what I was seeing the early stages of when the screen would go black??  Its the only link I can find of the 2 problems.

Interested to know what others have found with this.  And I wonder how I fix a power supply on it if it is in fact that.

2 Posts

June 1st, 2016 21:00

I also have had the same problem.  Have done all the driver updates and it still happened.

One thing I noticed is that it never did it while plugged into the charger, only when running on battery.

My laptop also started beeping on then off continuously upon power up (before bios/dell logo options) and doesn't do anything.  Several attempts to get it going and it finally boots (you can tell if it is going to boot as the back light changes on the screen from black to dark grey).  Rang Dell about this and did the diagnostic tests but that didn't show anything up.  Updated the bios to the latest and the problem went away all of a sudden........No it is back and doing it again but this time I have only been able to get the laptop to boot once.  To get it to stop beeping requires holding the power button down then repeat the process in the hope that it starts up.

Error codes are really that much help.  Tried to remove RAM and HDD etc to find the problem but it just sounds those error codes so I know its not that.

Found this post on here and I think it might be linked http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19606577

Last reply mentions some more codes and mine sounds like it is a power supply problem by the way it is beeping.  This is probably what I was seeing the early stages of when the screen would go black??  Its the only link I can find of the 2 problems.

Interested to know what others have found with this.  And I wonder how I fix a power supply on it if it is in fact that.

No Events found!