Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2015 06:00

Vostro 3560 fan producing wierd loud sound

So, for few months now, my fan is producing so loud wierd sound it makes me crazy, sometimes I'm scared it'll blow. Last night I've opened my lap, everything in parts, took motherboard off, then fan, opened fan and there was no dust in it.

I'm sure it's fan cause when I put everything back on, i didnt closed it with final peace to see when I turn my lap on what produces sound - fan or hdd, and it was fan. When you turn it on fan runs for few secs, and in that time the sound was coming from fan, as soon as it stopped the sound dissapeared.

Any suggestions?

1.2K Posts

June 15th, 2015 07:00

Hi ZANETTI ,

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum .

Following are the reasons for loud system fan .

• An out-of-date BIOS .
  • Obstructions in the fan or vent area .
  • Physical damage .
  • Dust accumulation in the fan or vent area .
  • Usage while not on a flat surface or proper ventilation clearance .
  • Using near a heat source or in a hot environment .

Here in this case I would suggest you to update the system BIOS to the latest version ,as an out-of-date BIOS can cause loud fan noises by having an outdated temperature table for the system.Click here to go to support site to update BIOS ,enter the service tag and operating system installed on the system then download the file .

I hope this helps !

Kindest Regards,

11 Posts

June 15th, 2015 09:00

Thanks for the reply but that is not the case.

I already have the latest BIOS drivers, A17, which were released last year.

We've already realised it's not dust because I've opened it. I'm using external cooler, so it can't be surface or environment.

It's not the normal sound of the fan, like it was when I've bought it. It makes crazy sounds, like laptop will fly away.

Is it possible that fan needs some type of oil? I can put some type of oil when I disassembly the fan, if that's what the problem is?

1.2K Posts

June 16th, 2015 14:00

Hi ,

Thank you for the reply  ! Kindly do not apply any oil to the system fan as it will damage the system board and system fan .I would request you to provide the service tag of the system (via private message ) so that I can check the system's warranty details based on which I can arrange for service call.

Hoping to hear from you soon .

Kindest Regards ,

11 Posts

June 16th, 2015 14:00

Hello Jennifer,

PM sent.

Thanks again for your reply.

11 Posts

June 18th, 2015 11:00

Just for those who stumble upon this thread, having same issues - they've told me to buy new motherboard and fan.

1.2K Posts

June 19th, 2015 06:00

Hi Zanetti,

That's the reason I suggested the same solution .Awaiting your response .

Kindest Regards ,

11 Posts

June 19th, 2015 06:00

That's on who I meant when I've said DELL, you've suggested me that :). What response? You can send me quotation, I'll think about it when I see the prices.

1.2K Posts

June 22nd, 2015 13:00

Hi  Zanetti,

Thank you for your reply !Kindly forward system owner's name ,contact no ,email address along with the physical address of the system so that I can look into the details of the system and arrange for quotation to be mailed to you .

Quotation will include the price for the parts along with cost of technician's service .

Kindest Regards ,

No Events found!