Michlab
2 Bronze

Vostro 3700 Chipset driver installation fails

I have a 6 year old Vostro 3700 notebook which I really like.  Trying to update the software etc.

According to the Dell Web site's System Analysis, I need to update my Chipset and Intel Mgt engine.

My chipset is currently v.9.1.1.1022 and the most recent on the Dell site is v9.1.1.1023.  I download and run the chipset driver installation - it appears to do things and claims to succeed.  I reboot. After::

1. the System Analysis tool still claims I need to install the upgraded chipset driver.

2. Device Manager - System Devices - Intel HM57 express chipset LPC  Interface Controller - 3B0B - driver version remains 9.1.1.1022

I called Dell support - since I am out of wty, the fellow told me to first try to install the Intel driver from Intel's site and then to call back to start a paid support call.  

The Intel site appears to provide the driver.  There are links for v9.1.1.1025 and v9.1.1.1030.

downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Mobile-Intel-HM57-Express-Chipset

My concern is that the generic intel drivers may be missing some Dell-specific tweaks.

So has anybody had problems with updates failing from the Dell site and what to do about it?

Second, has anybody installed Intel chipset drivers on a Dell notebook and had either success or grief?

Thank you in advance for any insights.

Michel

0 Kudos