Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 8th, 2015 09:00

Vostro 5480 - connecting external monitor makes laptop LCD blurry

When I connect an external monitor to my new Vostro 5480, I get an excellent picture on the external monitor. However, the laptop LCD, blacks out for a second and comes back up as blurry.

Disconnecting the external monitor removes the fuzziness from the laptop LCD.

I have had a Vostro 5470 and just recently upgraded - I have used this setup with the 5470 before without any issues.

I have all latest drivers for all hardware. No issues in device manager.

What gives? Thanks.

1.2K Posts

June 8th, 2015 10:00

Hi ,

I would suggest you to try these steps and advise  ,

*Update Intel HD drivers ,click on this link to go to Intel page.Select the relevant operating system then continue with download .

*In BIOS and under windows mobility center set the brightness to maximum .

If  the issue still persists do reply to this post with the service tag of the system sent via private message so that I can check the system details to assist you .

Kindest Regards,

June 10th, 2015 00:00

Nice works quite well

2 Posts

June 10th, 2015 00:00

Thank you.

All my drivers are already updated, including the latest BIOS version A03.

I have also tried your brightness solution, but it didn't do anything to fix the blurriness that appears in the laptop LCD when I connect an external monitor.

What gives?

1.2K Posts

June 10th, 2015 06:00

Hi ,

@STEREOKAI 

Request you to send the operating system  installed on the system  and service tag of the system (via private message ) so that we can do system specific troubleshooting .

@siurrakyarr I would ask you to confirm if there is a issue  so that I can assist you  or is the issue resolved  .

Kind Regards,

No Events found!