Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2017 09:00

WARNING: dell chrome book 11 3189 burning and smoke safety concern

Has this happened to anyone else- daughter put chrome book on charge fortunately she was still at the desk when she noticed smoke coming from one corner.

As you can see from the photo it looks like a component was burning inside melting the outer casing.

It's only two months old and when initially we called Dell they claimed it wasn't under warranty. Husband called again and they are sending a courier to collect it to fix it.

I called Dell today to raise my concerns as daughter's school advises all pupils to use the same model and I was concerned this could happen to someone else.

I was told there have been no other problems with this model - let's hope this is a one-off.

Had daughter not been there I dread to think what might have happened, just wanted to check no one else has experienced a similar problem.

Thanks

1 Attachment

9.4K Posts

December 1st, 2017 05:00

Hi Lucyuk,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that you had a problem with your computer.  Glad to see you were able to get a resolution.  I expect this is a one off situation as I haven't heard of other chrome books with this issue.  Thanks again for posting your concerns and bringing this to our attention.

No Events found!