Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Dell WD15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 03-28-16]

I've still got all the USB problems as listed above. emoticon.Confused.title

And I have a replacement Dock on back order (they are out of stock) > I am keeping my 1/2 working dock as its OK for Mini-display port out and Cat5 wired ethernet connections. Bought a separate USB 3.0 hub (which should not have been necessary !!) 

I have all the newest drivers (that work) installed 
BUT Following driver, from Intel, DOES not install (seems to need some command line stuff). 

I even wonder if Dell has tested it ??? ....

Driver:  Intel(R) Thunderbolt Controller Driver 

Version 15.3.39.250, A01 march 11th/12th

Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: Dell WD15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 03-28-16]

I'm experiencing the same issues you guys are describing above. Today my wired network connection is just gone-its not even shown on the device manager.

Also, it does seem like for awhile everything works fine, but then one day the monitors are flaky.

I'm going to leave everything unplugged and powered down tonight and see how things go in the morning.

Have either of you made any progress in the last week?

UPDATE: I have the TB15 dock, but that is experiencing the same issues you are describing above.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

We are using MS WDS/MDT to image Latitude 7275 with WD15 connected.

We are manually updating the BIOS.

For Step 2 - 6 are these drivers part of the E8 Tablet Family driver pack on the Enterprise CAB site?

Jason

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Having similar issues to those others have described.

I took delivery of new WD15 yesterday, and it worked all day out of the box without problems on my XPS15 9550

Then today, every 30 minutues or so I get erratic mouse/keyboard behavior, followed by a blue screen
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (wdf01000.sys) or (USBXHCI.SYS).

I checked through the above list and it seems I already have these updates.
I tried installing them again, and it came up asking me if I wanted to repair (as it already had the version installed)

As it was the mouse/keyboard that seemed to be the first sign of the problem I have moved that back to one of the USB ports on the laptop.  I will see how long it lasts with this

Update: It was definitely the mouse/keyboard dongle. Since moving that out of the dock I have had no issues. I then remembered I had the same issue with this dongle when I tried to use it previously in the USB hub in my monitor

Update:  It was definitely the mouse/keyboard dongle.  Since moving that out of the dock I have had no issues.  I then remembered I had the same issue with this dongle when I used it previously in a USB hub.
Update:  It was definitely the mouse/keyboard dongle.  Since moving that out of the dock I have had no issues.  I then remembered I had the same issue with this dongle when I used it previously in a USB hub.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Dell WD15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 04-22-16]

3 months or so down the line. WD15 is still just a very expensive charger lacking most of the dock functionality.

Customer Support in India have been trying to help (bless them), but they seem to be limited to uninstall/reinstall drivers in different orders, which is clearly not the issue.

Dell.....Please start taking this issue seriously with both the TB15 and WD15! We need much more communication here? Is the problem hardware or drivers? When is a fix going to be issued?

3 Silver

RE: Dell WD15 Desktop Dock - Step-by-step driver/firmware/BIOS installation instructions for XPS, Latitude and Precision notebooks [UPDATED 04-22-16]

WD15 Ethernet works perfectly if I disable wifi on my XPS13.   Using all the current drivers installed in the correct order.

Also, email chip card reader works when I first plug it in to the WD15 but stops soon thereafter.  If I plug the card reader into the XPS - no problem.

Is anyone able to use the WD15 with Ethernet without having to disable Wi-Fi?  My conflicts with each other ceaselessly. 

After ordering my first WD15 (before returning it) Dell wanted to replace my MB thinking it had a defect causing the Ethernet to conflict with Wi-Fi.  Glad I did not change my MB for a used one.   At any rate, I can't imagine the aggregate amount of time and money Dell's spent on all these problematic WD15 and TB15s.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3152599)
installed this week appears to have impacted the dock.

Works fine until system goes to sleep.

On waking up the ethernet and USB no longer work.

I have to unplug the dock from the computer and plug it back in again to wake those ports up

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Likewise ... plus with 'Dell cares Pro' on twitter .. they are all super helpful BUT the issues remain.

As per detailed dell instructions, I have religiously followed  FULL  reinstall system and latest driver install instructions, yet problems remain (USB, Ethernet and Audio) ALL flaky.  The snag is a full re-install takes a whole day (apart from drivers and re-starts, there are all the apps .. many CAD apps with complex de-install/reinstall  routines).

It doesn't inspire confidence when there are often errors on their support pages (and sorry to say even above, Brian) .. ie driver listings, compatibility (XPS vs 5510) and even wrong order of install listed.

I am really loosing faith in Dell. 

PLEASE restore it !!!

Without the dock the laptop is ACE .. BUT we need the dock for ... Monitor, USB, Ethernet and Audio

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi there,

I got the XPS 15 9550 and the WD15 docking station at work and have the same issues with disconnecting mouse and keyboards randomly. I have the newest drivers and it does not help. Sometimes I have to reconnect the docking station three times till it will work the whole day.

I have the mouse and keyboard plugged at the back (the USB 2.0 connections). Besides of this, I have connected two monitors through VGA and HDMI (1920x1080 pixels).

Hopefully there will be a fix soon!

Best regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi,

I own a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop and a WD15 dock since a couple of months. This dock is the main reason I bought a Dell laptop. I carefully followed the instructions in this thread and it somewhat works, however it works bad. It works bad because it often loses the connection, particularly in these situations:

• Sometimes the dock doesn't work when I boot/reboot the PC and I have to reboot it again or to disconnect/reconnect the cable until it gets detected.
  • Usually the dock doesn't work when the PC wake up from sleep mode, so I can't use the sleep mode.
  • Sometimes the dock loses the connection under heavy I/O load, e.g. it loses the connection when I'm transferring a large file over USB 3.0 and downloading a large file over ethernet port.
  • Sometimes the dock just loses the connection for no apparent reason.
  • I have a Logitech wireless mouse and I attached the wireless dongle (Logitech Unifying) to the dock. Sometimes I lose the special functions assigned to the mouse buttons and it starts behaving as a standard mouse, so I have to disconnect/reconnect the dongle to restore the special functions. This only happens when I connect the dongle to the dock.
  • The Windows Storage Spaces feature can't correctly detect 2 x USB 3.0 hard drives, while it works fine over USB 2.0 ports.

When the dock loses the connection, I usually find in the Device Manager a device with the yellow triangle and the exclamation point saying that a device is not working correctly.

Moreover, I had a couple of USB 3.0 hard drives connected to the dock and one of the drives just died. I think the continued disconnect/reconnect/disconnect/reconnect of the dock cable in order to make it work (with the continued poweroff/poweron/poweroff/poweron of the disk) is the main cause of its death.

Are you planning new firmwares/drivers to fix these issues?

Thank you.

0 Kudos