Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2015 08:00

WIreless issue with XPS 13

I have a XPS 13 9343 laptop. Dell update recently requested update of the wireless driver for the DW1560 wireless adapter. I allowed it to update, and the install froze and would not continue (~1 hour). I rebooted and have been unable to regain wireless connectivity since.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the device, reinstalling the driver, rollback of the driver - no dice.

The device shows as installed and working properly in device manager, but I get no connections available.

I downloaded driver installs from dell website for the latest and previous version of the driver. When I attempt to install either, I get the following after a long wait - "Error "Update.cpp 1189" has occurred and Setup cannot continue."

Any help appreciated.

2 Posts

October 2nd, 2015 01:00

Hello,

I also just experienced the same issue and I have tried all the above options, but no luck. I even tried system restore but it fails and wireless connectivity is not restored. I think Dell Support has to come in and assist.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2015 06:00

After an indepth read, I found out that issue was caused by the Dell Update of the Wireless Driver.

I did a system restore, to an earlier date and now my wireless connectivity is restored. I have also disabled Dell Update

No Events found!