Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 6th, 2010 13:00

WLAN

Three days ago I received my new Studio 1558 i7 super duper notebook with Windows 7 and I like it. My problem is that I cannot connect it to my router via the WLAN-adapter when authentification is required. When I deactivate authentification on the router, the connection works like charm.

One would think that the answer to the problem is simple, the authentification details need to be checked. Well I have done that: Its WPA-Personal and TKIP with a pretty long key, which consists of a poem that I like. I use (obviously) exactly the same parameters for my other, ASUS notebook and every thing works perfectly.

My freind and I have spent two solid days trying to solve this prblem. I have even deleted the partition and reinstalled Windows 7, all the drivers from scratch and it all looks very good. Except for WLAN when identification is required.

Is anyone familliar with this problem? If so, I would appreciate your help.

14 Posts

November 8th, 2010 13:00

It was the firmware. It took me some time to get all my IDs and passwords right and I just updated the firmware. Works great. Cheers Laptopnomad.

14 Posts

November 6th, 2010 15:00

Thanks very much. A very good idea.

I tried it. I set the router to "No Authorization" and mad the WLAN connection without any problems. Then I changed the router back to "Authorization required" and set encription on the established network connection on the notebook to WPA and TKIP, and agein I lost the physical connection.

It didn`t work this time, but it narrowed down the possibilities.

I would appriciate more help.

539 Posts

Check the Firmware revision of the WIFI router.

There might be a new version available at the manufacturer website.

If so, carefully upgrade the firmware version according to the manufacturer instructions.

539 Posts

Try to connect with a LAN cable, if that works move to WIFI

If LAN doesn't work either, try to establish a working LAN connection first.

Then try to connect to an open WIFI access point - without keys.

If that works add WEP encryption, after verification change this to WPA encryption.

No Events found!